Banana bread (Cannellavita)
One slice of banana bread contains 196 calories, 7g of fiber and 6.3g fat
|1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter|
|1 cup granulated white sugar|
|2 large eggs|
|3 medium bananas, very ripe ones|
|1/4 cup milk|
|1 teaspoons vanilla|
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
2. Smash the ripe banana with a fork, in a mixing bowl, until they are completely smooth.
3. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
4. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
5. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C),
6. Check if it is well baked by inserting a knife or toothpick inside. If it comes out clean then it is well baked
7. Remove from oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes.
8. Remove the banana bread from the pan and let it cool completely before serving.
Leftover bread can be kept, covered, at room temperature for several days or wrapped in foil and frozen for up to 3 months.
Everyone can enjoy it, but a diabetic patient is advised to keep away.
Banana bread is made from flour, sugar, mashed bananas, baking powder and butter, margarine or oil.
It first became a standard feature of American cookbooks with the popularization of baking soda and baking powder in the 1930s.
If it is properly baked, it will pass for one of the most delicious bread in the world.